Friday, October 31, 2008

All Hallows Night

Two posts from me in a matter of days is a scary thing, I know. But, with Halloween on our doorstep, I was feeling inspired. I'm glad that Tisha is a regular reader of my blog. It makes me happy that you find your old Auntie's ramblings worth a few moments of your time. I am a bit sad though, that no one else has discovered how entertaining those ramblings can be. At any rate, I'm happy to have one fan (whom I happen to be a big fan of in return).

I woke up this morning with the beginnings of a poem in my mind and spent the rest of the day (while I was bored silly at work) writing the rest of it......hope you like it.

'Twas All Hallows Night
and the air was chill.
All the creatures of fright
roamed the streets at will.

Blood curdling screams
rang through the town,
as from putrid graves
undead rose from the ground.

The slow creak of a door
sliced through the air.
But, when I spun 'round
no body was there.

Then out went the lights
with a deafening click.
I sank right to my knees,
my stomach felt sick.

All around me went quiet
and I could see only black.
I tried, in vain, to scream
but there was a hand 'round my neck.

Life was about to end
of this I was certain,
for the next thing I knew
I was trapped in a coffin.

I kicked and I shouted.
"Let me out, let me out!"
no one could hear me,
it seemed no one was about.

This is ti, it's all over.
I was about to pass out from fright.
When someone cried, lifting the lid,
"Come join the party, it's Halloween Night!!"

Happy Halloween

1 comment:

Tisha said...

he he! great poem!